Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just Give Up

Sometimes the best thing to do is give up. I don't mean this in a suicidal way, I simply mean, stop fighting God's will and let Him take over. Pull out that white flag you've had shoved in your back pocket and wave it around for the whole world to see. Surrender, and let God have control.
One of the hardest things for me to understand was that I wasn't meant to carry these burdens by myself. God never asked or intended for us to do this on our own. He has told us to come to Him when we are weary and heavy burdened and he was promised to give us rest. He has also told us that we can do all things through Christ. The last part of that sentence is the most important. Notice that God didn't say that we can do all things by our own strength, He clearly states that only with Him is that promise true.

I don't understand why God would want to help me with MY own problems, especially when there are thousands of other people who have bigger problems than my own. I do know that no matter how big or small your problems are, God is willing to help, but only if you trust Him with your life.

This isn't as easy as it sounds, at least it wasn't for me. I'm a fighter, and I would much rather fight my own battles and lose than to ask for help. In the past two years I've come to the point where no matter how hard I fought, I was continuously beat down and defeated by life. I think we all come to a point in our lives where we learn that even being the strong people we are, life wasn't meant to be lived alone. God never intended for us to do this by ourselves.
This is something you have to learn for yourself, and I understand that. I know that no matter how well I write this or how many times you've been told, it's just one of those lessons you have to learn from experience. I also understand that everyone learns this at different times in their lives, and you may not have reached that point yet. Life may be wonderful for you and if so, praise God!

I don't write this in vain, though. I write this so that one day when life has beaten you down and you can't seem to find the strength to carry your own cross, you may understand that it's okay to surrender and that only when you allow Him to, Christ will carry your load and grant you the rest you so long for.

No comments: